Sunday, July 26, 2009

The emergin' blogging virgin

As I was debating what path to take on this first, of hopefully many, blogs it occurred to me that while my head may be reeling with constipated thoughts on popular culture, animal rights, war, global warming, notable books, etc. I think it is foundational that I just start with me.  Because really, what is the point of all my blabbering if you don't know who I am.  So, let's get right into it pee pees.

I am 27 year old Minneapolis addict (having been here 3 years). I was born in a small bluff encrusted city of 25,000; Winona, MN.  I come from fairly modest means, raised in a family that, to this day, has yet to discover functionality (we are a work in progress).  I am the youngest in my family, the middle child being 8 minutes older than me, my twin sister Mandy, and my oldest sister is a 31 year old Korean-American adopted into our family from infancy. 

 I have always been a well-mannered, passive, smiley, polite, empathetic, generous, but nervous guy.  The things that I am attracted to most in life are full of foolishness and whimsy. I rarely stray from abstract, useless daydreams.  ART: I love surrealism (mostly Magritte) and writing poetry and maybe blogging??  MUSIC: I have, in my later years, become increasingly more attracted to ethereal and folky music (Sigur Ros, Joanna Newsome, Amiina, Sufjan Stevens, Sam Beam, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Cocorosie, and others).  MOVIES: Alongside that I am a very big fan of mockumentaries, period films, and 80's comedies. QUIRKY HABITS: I love to do impressions and voices (which I have for virtually every animal I know), quote movies, obsess, hunt, and pine for new bands to love.  I also apologize to chairs I bump into as well as ants and spiders before my wife makes me end them.

I have been married for a little over 3 years now to my deepest love and best friend, Brita.  She is woman to love.  We are foundationally yoked in our unending love for God and the mystery that is our search to know each other...daily...to know each other.  I really like her hands and quiet discernment. Where I am deficient she has fruit and where she has fruit I am always eating.  I love her with every fiber of my cereal.  I also have a solid personal investment in her boobs.

The other stuff will come later.  It's late and my wife has a sore back that seems to ache more and more with each passing minute.  It's funny how that kind of pain gets worse the more she finds me seduced with other things (this blog for example).  She likes to play this hand.

And so for tonight I wish you every little good and thank you for reading, unless of course your driving, in which case just get off your fancy internet phone already and watch the fudgin' road...please and thank you.

Be well and see you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I am so excited to read more! You already have me drawn in!

    ReplyDelete